The responsibility for the SD is to monitor the facility during a scheduled competition at Horning Hall. The SD may oversee multiple contests in one day during the Volleyball and Basketball seasons. The SD must get certified/ trained through CYO. The pay is $15 per game. The SD may choose in advance the dates he/she is available during the sports season. Volleyball matches will be Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesday evenings in Horning Hall. Basketball season begins in the winter and games are held on Saturdays and Sundays throughout the season.
Site Director Meeting Options: (attend one)
Site director registration is now open. Click here to register for a training session.
Dates and Locations:
- Wednesday, August 7 – CYO Office- Akron 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, August 13 – Center For Pastoral Leadership- Wickliffe 6:30 pm
- Wednesday, August 21 – Magnificat High School- Rocky River 6:30 pm
From time to time the Athletic Association needs to hire high school students to work as scorekeepers, scoreboard operators, etc. Typically workers are needed during the basketball and volleyball seasons. The Pastoral Designee/Athletic Director is responsible for hiring these students, not CYO. Any interested high school student should contact the Pastoral Designee/Athletic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org to have his/her name added to the waiting list. Preference is given St. Hilary School graduates and students are contacted as needed on a first-come first-served basis. Students must be available to work evenings and weekends. Students successfully completing a season’s work will be invited to return for the following season until they graduate high school.
The St. Hilary Athletic Association (SHAA) is currently compiling a steady roster of scorers for the upcoming CYO basketball season.
- The games take place on Saturdays & Sundays
- Payment is $10/game
- The CYO-lead training will occur on Saturday, Nov 18th at the Sports Medicine Center at Akron Children’s Hospital. If you have attended this training 3 times prior, attendance is not necessary
On a weekly basis, the site directors will email the “shifts” (typically 3 – 4 games/hours) that are available for the upcoming weekend and those interested can reply directly to the site director. If interested and wish to be added to the scorers list, all high-school aged students are encouraged to email SHAA Kelly Kennedy with your name, email and mobile number.
Scorers and Trackers must be at least High School Age. To be eligible you must attend a certification meeting through the CYO.
The Scorer & Timer trainings will be held on:
Scorer and tracker registration is now open. Click here to register for a training for volleyball scorers and trackers.
Dates and Locations:
- Sunday, August 4 – Center For Pastoral Leadership- Wickliffe 2:00 pm
- Sunday, August 11 – St. Raphael- Bay Village 2:00 pm
- Sunday, August 18 – St. Vincent Grade School- Akron 2:00 pm
Officials Academy– registration for the volleyball, football, and soccer official’s academy is now open. Click here to register.
Training is a two day training. Dates and time for each sport are below.
The Flag Football Training Dates (Choose 1 Location)
- Sunday, August 4 & 11 – St. Barnabas 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 4 & 11 – St. Bernadette 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 4 & 11 – St. Paschal Baylon 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
The Soccer Training Dates (Choose 1 Location)
- Monday & Wednesday, August 12 & 14 – CYO Office Akron 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 1 & 8 – St. Paschal Baylon 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
The Volleyball Training Dates (Choose One Location)
- Saturday, August 3 & 10 – St. Basil the Great 12:00 p.m.- 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 3 & 10 – St. Paschal Baylon 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 3 & 10 – St. Barnabas 12:00 pm – 2:00 p.m.
If you are interested in coaching, please visit our Coaches page.