Parish School of Religion
A warm welcome to all parish children ages 3 through grade 8.
We have faith formation programs of various kinds to serve you and your family!
Traditional Grade Level Classes
PSR is offered Monday evenings from 6:45-8:00 pm in the St. Hilary School building. Children are grouped with their peers to cover grade specific curriculum. We work to keep our classes small and our child to adult ratios on an average 12:1. Sacramental preparation is explored for First Reconciliation & First Communion in second grade and Confirmation in eighth grade with the addition of some required parish-wide formation events outside of PSR class time as well.
- Save the date for our “Meet the Teacher Night” on Monday, September 11, 2023.
- We will be in session every Monday (excluding holidays) Sept. 18, 2023 – May 13, 2024.
This is a Family Faith formation model. The families gather once-a-month (typically on the second Sunday) together in the Lower Level of the Spiritual Center from 10:10-11:00am (between the offered weekend liturgies). The children and parents work on the grade level specific curriculum together at home between sessions. Available for children in grades 3 thru 7 only.
- Please save September 10, 2023, to attend the first session of the school year.
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd – Level I
This a Montessori style preschool program is offered for children ages 3 through entering kindergarten. Children must be potty trained. Our atrium meets on Thursday mornings from 9:30-11:00am in the Lower Level of the Spiritual Center from October to May.
- Save the date for our parent/child information session on Thursday, October 5, 2023.
Please follow the following directions for the 2023-2024 formation year.
For additional questions or concerns please call 330-867-1055 or email us.
- Jeannie Hohlefelder, Director of Faith Formation for Children (ext. 213) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie McCarthy, PSR Principal (ext. 211) email@example.com
- Meghan Tuck, Religious Education Administrative Assistant (ext. 211) firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Checklist for PSR, Family Catechesis, & Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
Step 1:Please contact Meghan Tuck in the Religious Education Office to begin the process, the online registration form is personalized for your family and will be emailed to you from our Parish Data System.
- After you submit this form (Step 1 of the process), you will receive an automatic reply that confirms your submission. Please proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Click the links below to complete the 2 forms.
- PSR Emergency Medical, Educational Intake, and Acceptable Use Policy ***(1 per child)
- Family Media Consent (1 per family)
Step 3: Tuition
- Tuition is $70 per student (cash or check accepted). Please write checks payable to “St. Hilary PSR.” You can mail your tuition to the parish with the attention of PSR, bring in on a PSR night, or hand deliver to the locked drop box on the Religious Education Office Door. Electronic payments are not available at this time. Tuition assistance is available for those who request it. Please contact Meghan Tuck at email@example.com in the Religious Education Office if you have any questions or concerns during the registration process. Thank you and God bless!
“These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7