This year marks the 60th Anniversary of St Hilary Parish! We were established on August 1, 1958 to minister to the growing population on the western edge of Akron and Fairlawn. Needless to say, we have grown over the years both in numbers and in ministries, now with over 2,700 families and 114 ministries! The impact of our parishioners extends far beyond the walls of our church and school buildings, as many are engaged in ministries throughout the greater Akron area that feed the hungry,
tutor children in need, visit the sick in homes and nursing facilities, and build homes both physically and
symbolically, to name a few. Prayer and worship are the source of all that we do, as we are nourished by the Eucharist and told at the end of Mass to “Go in peace, glorifying the Lord by our lives!” So many of our parishioners continue to grow in faith and prayer through the many opportunities for bible study, prayer groups, faith sharing groups, and retreats. We are never done when it comes to faith formation, so it encourages me to see parishioners of all ages continuing to learn more and striving to be more faithful to Christ every day.
The theme for our 60th Anniversary is “A Faithful Past… An Abundant Future!” This reflects the fact that so many former and present parishioners have been generous with their time, talent, and treasure to get us to this day. It also reflects our hope the St. Hilary Parish will continue to have a future of abundant life due to parishioners who are fully engaged in the work of the church, energized
by the spirit, and generous in their support of the parish mission! Thank you for your faithfulness to St. Hilary Parish in the past and we look forward to you being a part of our Abundant Future!
Fr. Steve Brunovsky
Save the date for these upcoming events!
8 Guest Speaker: Scott Hahn – Click here for more information and to purchase tickets!
16 Gaudete Sunday Concert – 7 p.m. in the church
12 60th Anniversary Mass with Bishop Perez; Feast of St. Hilary Celebration and Nights of the Arts
- Mass at 4:00 p.m.
- All parishioners are invited to 4:00 p.m. Mass on Saturday, January 12 with Celebrant Bishop Perez
- Celebration of the Arts
- Following Mass, parishioners may exit into the Gathering Area to view the parishioner art show. No RSVP is required. The art show is open to all parishioners at the following times: Saturday, January 12 – 5-6:30 p.m.; Sunday, January 13 – 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Adult Celebration at St. Hilary School
- The St. Hilary School main entrance doors will open at 5 p.m. on Saturday, January 12. This is a FREE event! Join us for cocktail party style food, drinks and festivities in the multipurpose room and Horning Hall from 5–9 p.m. Highlights will include a 7 p.m. blessing and talk by Bishop Perez, followed by parishioner artistic performances. The event will conclude with additional performances at 8:30 p.m. and a closing blessing from Fr. Brunovsky.
- Click here to register for the Adult Celebration at St. Hilary School on January 12 beginning at 5 p.m. You may write your RSVP in the book in the gathering area (under the stars) or call the parish office.
31 Laetare Sunday Concert
18-21 Easter Triduum & Easter Sunday
28 Divine Mercy Sunday
4 Joyfully Gifted – Spiritual Gifts Retreat
9 Pentecost Sunday – Taste of Stewardship